QUOTES

"The only constant in life is CHANGE."
"It is what it is! BUT it is what you make of it!"
"Wait, I'm confused!" "Give me five seconds." "Smile!"

Claude Monet

Claude Monet
The Walk. Lady with a Parasol

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Podcast

After sifting through the different podcasts available through iTunes, I came across this one. Science Made Fun has hundreds of podcasts on every science topic I could think of. Each one was interesting to listen to and provided detailed information on each topic. I can see easily using this during class as a listening activity, center activity or in computer lab to enrich a science topic.
There were a few things I didn't like. One frustration was finding a decent, free educational podcast at first. Not being familiar with iTunes, it took me awhile to fumble around with the program and search engine. Further within the topic of educational podcasts, finding one that I felt was reputible was at first challenging. I do have a fear that teachers/students may rely on these types of sources for information and not verify the information is accurate. Does iTunes check each podcast for legitimacy and accuracy? Could I get on there and say that Mercury is a moon and mislead thousands of people?
I can see the benefits of podcasts in the classroom but would verify all information before presenting it to the class.
Other educational podcasts were PBS and Dragonfly.
A helpful website I found is http://epnweb.org/. It explains thoroughly what a podcast is and offers links to educational podcasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment